If there is ever an opportunity to make sure our readers are safe when using pins I make sure to make it known. This is one of those times! Angie sent us this pin, where the first time it worked perfect, she loved it and it was delicious! Win!
However the second time she did this it could have ended in disaster! Check it out!
This pin is about making your own homemade microwave popcorn! Fun and cheap! All you do is put 1/3 C popcorn kernels in a new brown paper bag, and tape it shut, you then microwave it until you hear 5 seconds between pops.
All went well with Angie's first attempt at this, however the second time she did exactly as the first time but saw her microwave light flickering, she went to check it out and saw what we have below.
Now the Frugal Girls had no issues with this, and I am not saying this is a bad pin, I am merely warning ya'll to make sure and watch your popcorn so that what you see below doesn't happen to you! For all we know this could have been a microwave problem, but if she had let it keep going who knows what could have happened! Let's avoid kitchen fires yes?!
I'm glad nothing bad happened here, but the cleanup was probably nightmarish, and the smell! Burnt popcorn smell is the worst.
Anyone have any good pins for smell removal from a microwave?!
So there is your warning folks, watch it pop!!!!
Happy Wednesday Pinstrosipeeps!
I am off to clean my house and run errands, ( so much for a day off huh?).